The state media presenter, who calls herself ‘Ms V’, referred to several disputed conspiracy theories in an Arabic show to prove ‘it is clear that the virus in China was transmitted from abroad’.
- The Arabic-speaking presenter referred to startling theories in her opinion show
- She said the virus could have been brought into Wuhan or escaped from a US lab
- The host concluded the coronavirus outbreak had started in the US ‘for a while’
- The CGTN anchor quoted unidentified research to support her claims in a video
- China and the US are in a consistent war of words over the origin of COVID-19