Stunning aerial photos show thousands of cars lined up at Trader’s Village in San Antonio during the massive event on Thursday, where more than one million pounds of food were distributed.
Six THOUSAND families line up in their cars for hours at a food bank in San Antonio as millions across the country turn to charity organizations to keep from going hungry during coronavirus lockdown
- The San Antonio Food Bank distributed one million pounds of food to roughly 6,000 families on Thursday
- Aerial photos show thousands of cars lined up at Trader’s Village for the massive food distribution event
- Each family left with enough food to fill two grocery carts, intended to last them the rest of the month
- ‘The need is that great,’ San Antonio Food Bank President and CEO Eric Cooper said of the huge turnout
- ‘We are moving through food so fast, this is our second big distribution this week, but there are hundreds of distributions that are going on all the time,’ Cooper added