FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS FORT CALHOUN NUCLEAR POWER PLANT BLAIR,NE EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
PURSUANT TO 14 CFR SECTION 91.137(A)(3) TEMPORARY FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS ARE IN EFFECT FOR FLOOD RELIEF EFFORTS WITHIN A 2 NAUTICAL MILE RADIUS OF 413113N/0960438W OR THE OMAHA /OVR/ VORTAC 316 DEGREE RADIAL AT 26.1 NAUTICAL MILES AT AND BELOW 3500 FEET MSL.
NEBRASKA STATE PATROL, LT. FRANK PECK TELEPHONE 402-450-1867 IS IN CHARGE OF THE OPERATION. MINNEAPOLIS /ZMP/ ARTCC TELEPHONE 651-463-5580 IS THE FAA COORDINATION FACILITY.
|Fort Calhoun, Nebraska, Nuclear Power Plant|
The FAA has issued the following directive, shutting down airspace over the plant:
This would normally be a precautionary measure after an electrical fire disabled cooling for the spent fuel rod pool. The question is why is this still in effect?
- Location: Ft. Calhoun, NE (19 miles N of Omaha, NE) in Region IV
- Operator: Omaha Public Power District
- Operating License: Issued – 08/09/1973
- Renewed License: Issued – 11/04/2003
- License Expires: 08/09/2033
- Docket Number: 05000285
- Reactor Type: Pressurized Water Reactor
- Electrical Output: 500 MWe
- Reactor Vendor/Type: Combustion Engineering
- Containment Type: Dry, Ambient Pressure