T Scott Marr of Nebraska was diagnosed with a stroke on December 12, the day after his 61st birthday, after he was found unconscious. He woke up a day after he was pulled of a ventilator.
Miracle man who was declared ‘brain-dead’ wakes up after his family turned off life support – and he’s now home and thriving
- T Scott Marr, 61, was diagnosed with a stroke on December 12 after he was found in bed unconscious
- Father-of-four from Nebraska was declared ‘brain dead’ and doctors said he would never recover
- They followed advice to pull him off life support and went to plan the funeral
- When they came back they were told he wasn’t a candidate for organ donation because he still had brain activity
- Then, against all odds, he woke up – and now he is home and recovered
- It turned out he hadn’t had a stroke, he was suffering from a rare condition called posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome, which is treatable