Donald Trump has announced that he is cutting financial assistance to the Northern Triangle countries of El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala. It comes as ‘the mother of all caravans’ is planned.
Donald Trump cuts financial assistance to Northern Triangle countries Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala and claims ‘they haven’t done a thing for us’
- Donald Trump is cutting financial aid to El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala
- Trump said funds totaled $500 million, but wasn’t clear on the exact figure
- He also threatened on Friday to close the U.S. border with Mexico next week
- Mexico is preparing for the possible arrival of the ‘mother of all caravans’ from Honduras, but humanitarian activists refute this number
- The government of Honduras has rejected Mexico’s ‘unsubstantiated claims’
…..Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador are doing nothing for the United States but taking our money. Word is that a new Caravan is forming in Honduras and they are doing nothing about it. We will be cutting off all aid to these 3 countries – taking advantage of U.S. for years!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 28, 2018