Jackson Trial: Photo Of Dead Singer Shown- Also Trial Footage and Audio Of Michael Jackson


Uploaded by on Sep 28, 2011

Dramatic evidence shown at the trial of Michael Jackson’s doctor has included an audio tape of the drugged singer barely able to speak and a picture of him dead in hospital.
The never-before-seen photo – taken one month later – and audio tape were revealed during the first day’s evidence in the manslaughter trial of Dr Conrad Murray in Los Angeles.

Prosecutor David Walgren opened his case by showing jurors a photo of a thin Jackson lying dead on a hospital trolley.

In the audio recording, the Thriller star slowly mumbles he had wanted his comeback shows in London to make people say he is “the greatest entertainer in the world” and that he wants to “build the Michael Jackson Children’s Hospital”.

Witness testimony included a close associate describing Jackson, then 50, as being a “lost boy” without anyone properly caring for him.
In opening arguments two years after Jackson’s death by drug overdose of hospital anaesthetic Propofol and sedatives, Mr Walgren told jurors he”literally put his life in the hands of Dr Conrad Murray”.

“That misplaced trust in the hands of Conrad Murray cost Michael Jackson his life,” he said.

But Murray’s legal team argued Jackson “caused his own death” by giving himself extra medication in a bid to sleep.

“He died so rapidly, so instantly, he didn’t even have time to close his eyes,” defence lawyer Ed Chernoff said in opening arguments.

Murray denies he is guilty of the involuntary manslaughter of Jackson on June 25, 2009, but admits giving the pop star a dose of powerful Propofol as a sleep aid
The Texas cardiologist, who was paid $150,000 (£96,000) a month to care for Jackson ahead of a planned 50-date series of shows in London, wiped away tears during Tuesday’s opening statements as Mr Chernoff defended him.

Jackson’s body was found at his rented Los Angeles mansion just three weeks before the start of the This Is It comeback concerts were scheduled to begin.

Kenny Ortega, the co-director of the concerts, told the court that Jackson was excited about the shows because he wanted his young children to see him perform.

But on June 19, six days before his death, Jackson turned up at rehearsals in Los Angeles in a worried state and “Michael seemed chilled, lost and incoherent”.

“I was feeding him, wrapping him in blankets to warm his chills, massaging his feet to calm him and calling his doctor,” Mr Ortega added.
Mr Ortega wrote in an email to concert promoters hours later: “It broke my heart. He was like a lost boy… He is terribly frightened it is all going to go away.”

But days later Jackson was found dead and Mr Chernoff told jurors Murray was trying to wean the pop star off Propofol – which Jackson called “milk”.

He argued that Jackson – tired and under pressure to get the concerts ready – gave himself eight lorazepam anti-anxiety pills to sleep in the early hours of June 25.

When he still could not rest, he added Propofol.

“We believe the evidence will show… that when Dr Murray left the room, Michael Jackson self-administered a dose of Propofol that with the lorazepam created a perfect storm within his body that killed him instantly,” Mr Chernoff said.

“The whole thing is tragic, but the evidence is not that Dr Murray did it.”

Translate »