One of the many mysteries surrounding Epstein’s death is why was he taken off of suicide watch if he reportedly tried to kill himself a few weeks ago?
According to the Wall Street Journal, Epstein was taken off of suicide watch at the request of his attorneys.
After he was removed from suicide watch at the end of July, Mr. Epstein had been downgraded to “special observation status,” which mandated guards check on him every 30 minutes and also required him to have a cellmate, a person familiar with the matter said.
- Epstein was put on suicide watch after he reportedly tried to kill himself shortly after he was arrested on July 6th on charges of sex trafficking of minors.
- Although Epstein was taken off of suicide watch, prison guards, who were working overtime, broke protocols and failed to check on him every 30 minutes.
- Epstein was also supposed to have a cellmate, however his cellmate was removed the night before he died.
- Epstein reportedly hanged himself early Saturday morning shortly after being taken off of suicide watch.
- Jeffrey Epstein was the most high profile prisoner in the USThere is no surveillance video of Epstein’s apparent suicide