Board president Lisa Brizendine, left, resigned with members Kim Beede, Erica Ippolito and Richie Masadas on Friday after mocking parents in a meeting.
Entire California school board RESIGNS after they were caught on video mocking parents and claiming they want only want schools reopened so ‘they can smoke pot’
- Lisa Brizendine, president of the Oakley Union Elementary School District, resigned on Friday
- Board members Kim Beede, Erica Ippolito and Richie Masadas also resigned
- Oakley Union Elementary School Board conducted an online meeting via Webex on Wednesday afternoon so parents could discuss distance learning
- Board members reportedly thought parents had not joined the call and preceded to make several disparaging comments
- One claimed that parents wanted schools reopened because teachers function as ‘babysitters’ for the children
- Another implied that parents wanted to go back to smoking marijuana without the distraction of their children at home