This latest container home is designed by Christopher Robertson and built by Numan Construction and is a 1,858 square-foot home with three bedrooms and three bathrooms. In addition to many green features, apparently the construction waste was able to be contained within ten contractor trash bags.
Here are some of the green features:
- FilterPave driveway using 70-80 percent post-consumer recycled glass, 20-30 percent granite, and a polymer binder in a four inch layer.
- Built with three used shipping containers
- SIPs incorporated in roof and floors
- On-demand hot water heater
- Efficient Unico AC system
- An energy recovery ventilation system
- Bamboo flooring and low-VOC paints
- Use of fiberboard products
- Energy efficient appliances
- Dual-flush toilets and efficient plumbing/fixtures